Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Dream .......

I have a dream ... no.... nothing like "of a country where men will not be judged from the colour of their skin but by their hearts" ... am only human! Martin was more ..
Years ago, a fathers happiness moved a son to join what he hated....... years later, as life progressed as did his family .. what was a passion turned into a profession! Reasoning and logic took over where once feelings and passion ruled! And was born the dream.....
I dream that one day when my son chooses his destiny he will not have to choose it to make a living but to choose a way of life! I dream that my generations to come will not go through what I have for living a life that I am - they will "live" life and not compromise! I dream that they will have only to give and nothing to take! I dream of a world for them where there are no desires but only fulfilment! I dream that they will share the same compassion and love that I took a harsher route to reach without going through the hardships that I did! I dream that they will dream of their future and not fight out their "today"! I dream of a legacy and life for them that my forefathers lived .. I may have been at the bottom of the cycle but the wheel must rotate and the rise will come! I dream of that rise for them! I dream that they reflect on mistakes that their fathers and forefathers made and learn from them! I dream of a tomorrow where I can sit in my garden and play with my grandchildren! I dream of them and their lives to come! I dream that they love their ancestors the same way I do! I dream that I live to see and experience that love! I dream that one day when I lie counting my last breaths, I can reflect upon and feel proud of what I did and what I leave behind! I dream that what I leave behind will be a legacy and not a liability!
I dream ...... I dream .....
........and pray that God gives me the strength and courage to fulfill my dreams! For what use is a dream if it is not realised!

1 comment:

seem... said...

INSHAALLAH..AL UR DRMS VIL DEFINETELY CM TRUE...u r such a nice human being...u'l get watevr u desire,wat ur drms r....take care alws...

9 MKD - The fourth story on ordeals, trials and tribulations (the first part of a two series - Ordeals and then in the second part : Faith)

 It had been almost ten days since Abhi had been out on the operational reconnaissance (op-recce). His Commanding Officer had spelt out the ...